shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDBC Realm access to HttpSession
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 01:14:05 GMT
Hi Rory,

This is the recommended approach for accessing session state anywhere
in your application.  The benefit of this approach is that your Realm
does not need to be tied to HTTP-specific APIs - which is cleaner when
thinking about separation of concerns (IMO).

And, while you can use the session to store this information, you're
really talking about multi-tenant management within an application.
The Shiro session is a good and easy way to support this kind of
behavior without getting into other/more complicated approaches like
manual uses of ThreadLocal.

Cheers,

--
Les Hazlewood