shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AbstractShiroTest in shiro-core
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 23:36:57 GMT
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Allan Ditzel <allan@allanditzel.com> wrote:
> This class would be useful for end users in writing their own unit tests,
> instead of having to copy-paste the example for the docs. However, where
> should this class reside? Do we want a separate test module that users
> include for their tests or should it be a part of the core module in its
> own testing package?

Absolutely not in the same core package. There's no special reason to
avoid creating new modules since it's inexpensive, however I really
doubt it's usefulness considering there's only 70 or so lines of code,
most of it pass-through methods (i.e. where's the actual value in
setSecurityManager(SecurityManager securityManager)
{SecurityUtils.setSecurityManager(securityManager);}). Copy-paste
would allow evolving it to a different direction in client projects.

Kalle