shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Shiro - September 2011
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 04:05:50 GMT
2011 September - Board report for Apache Shiro

Apache Shiro is a powerful and flexible open-source application security
framework that cleanly handles authentication, authorization, enterprise
session management and cryptography.

We have no issues that require Board assistance at this time.

Releases:
- No new releases.

Community & Project:

 - The Apache Shiro team is excited to report that we have added
  Jared Bunting as our second new committer after becoming a TLP.  Jared
  has been a great help to the project and he is a welcome addition to the
  team.

 - The team has decided to release Shiro 1.2 as soon as possible.  A release
  vote is likely this week.

 - Significant effort has gone into improving Shiro's reference manual the last
  three months.  It is much better than before and continues to grow as new
  features are added.  Some talk was discussed about finding a new authoring
  format beyond using Confluence, but no changes have been implemented as of
  yet.