shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SHIRO-283 design: supporting both Form & BASIC authc simultaneously
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 01:48:16 GMT
I'm revisiting this in an effort to resolve it for 1.2, but I have
some questions:

It is not readily apparent to me why the 'permissive' flag exists (it
has been a month, forgive me).  Doesn't it basically just ignore the
authc check and allow the request to pass through no matter what,
thereby invalidating its security purpose?  If so, what is the benefit
of doing this?

At the moment with my little understanding this has the feeling of a
workaround rather than a 'correct' solution (which is sometimes ok,
but I'd prefer to have the latter in an actual release if at all
possible).

Thanks,

Les