shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [REPORT] Apache Shiro 2011 June
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 08:32:33 GMT
Filed this morning (forgot to CC).

Cheers,

Les

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org>
Date: Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:31 AM
Subject: [REPORT] Apache Shiro 2011 June
To: board@apache.org

2011 June - Board report for Apache Shiro

Apache Shiro is a powerful and flexible open-source application security
framework that cleanly handles authentication, authorization, enterprise
session management and cryptography.

We have no issues that require Board assistance at this time.

Releases:
- No releases since our first 1 Nov 2010 1.1.0 release

Community & Project:

 This last quarter has been focused more on community building than
 coding, with great success.  The Shiro average website visitor traffic
 has increased more than half (59%) in only 3 months!  We continue to
 grow and help the JVM security community.  Following are
 the most important points from the last quarter.

 - The Apache Shiro team is excited to report that we have added
 Brian Demers as our first new committer after becoming a TLP.  We're
 excited that our community continues to grow with quality folks like
 Brian.

 - There has been minor discussion of creating a 1.2 release soon.  A
 few minor issues need to be resolved, and hopefully this will be done
 before our next board report.

 - While Shiro doesn't receive many complaints, the most frequent one has
 been that non-JavaDoc documentation has been lacking.  Significant work
 has gone into improving Shiro's documentation over the last month, and
 we believe this will serve the community much better.

 - To improve project publicity, Les Hazlewood wrote an intro article on
 Apache Shiro published on InfoQ: http://www.infoq.com/articles/apache-shiro
 This has contributed to site traffic and community adoption significantly.