shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject June board report - please review
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 20:52:09 GMT
Hi team,

I've created the initial draft for the June board report, copied from
SVN below.  I must submit this no later than Monday morning, so
there's not much time to review (I apologize for getting this in late
- I wanted to post it Thursday to allow more time to review, but
Thursday and yesterday were probably the busiest I've had in recent
memory).

Anyway, if you have comments, please submit them today and tomorrow.
If there aren't any edits, I'll submit it early Monday morning.

Thanks!

-----------------------
2011 June - Board report for Apache Shiro

Apache Shiro is a powerful and flexible open-source application security
framework that cleanly handles authentication, authorization, enterprise
session management and cryptography.

We have no issues that require Board assistance at this time.

Releases:
- No releases since our first 1 Nov 2010 1.1.0 release

Community & Project:

 This last quarter has been focused more on community building than
 coding, with great success.  The Shiro average website visitor traffic
 has increased more than half (59%) in only 3 months!  We continue to
 grow and help the Java security community.  Following are
 the most important points from the last quarter.

 - The Apache Shiro team is excited to report that we have added
   Brian Demers as our first new committer after becoming a TLP.  We're
   excited that our community continues to grow with quality folks like
   Brian.

 - There has been minor discussion of creating a 1.2 release soon.  A
   few minor issues need to be resolved, and hopefully this will be done
   before our next board report.

 - While Shiro doesn't receive many complaints, the most frequent one has
   been that non-JavaDoc documentation has been lacking.  Significant work
   has gone into improving Shiro's documentation over the last month, and
   we believe this will serve the community much better.

 - To improve project publicity, Les Hazlewood wrote an intro article on
   Apache Shiro published on InfoQ: http://www.infoq.com/articles/apache-shiro
   This has contributed to site traffic and community adoption significantly.

--
Les Hazlewood
CTO, Katasoft | http://www.katasoft.com | 888.391.5282