shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Versioned Reference Manual
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 14:30:40 GMT
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Kalle Korhonen
<kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd say the most practical and most cost-effective
> solution is to write the user guides etc. in such a way that they are
> as version agnostic as possible and then refer to the Javadocs when
> things differ.

This also doesn't work out well in my experience - there is no way to
easily do this if you're adding a new feature or using an alternative
to an existing one.  The example here is the web documentation I just
added - in 1.2, it is done one way, in 1.1 a different way.

I may be being dense here, but I can't see how to represent that
information easily in the same page without introducing inelegant
documentation chunks based on version.  I'd love to hear suggestions
on how to improve this for example.

Best,

Les