shiro-dev mailing list archives

From mangelo <mikeang...@usa.net>
Subject Single Sign On (SSO), Spring, Hibernate Help.
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 15:33:44 GMT
I am brand new to Shiro. Just found it last night. I am very encouraged from
what I've read so far. My security requirements seem to be too much for
Spring Security. I am confident that Shiro can handle them given the
flexibility.

The only problem is that I don't know how quite to get started. I've found
the Spring samples and how to get set up. My problem is the users of my app
are already authenticated by Oracle SSO. The username is in the request
header.

How do I get it out of the request header and into Shiro? Where would I put
such code?

I have based my Realm from the SampleRealm class. Should I always return
'false' from the supports method? Should I return SimpleAuthenticationInfo()
with an empty string as the password?

If there is a more complete example that would help out a lot. I feel like
I've hit a brick wall.

TIA.

MIke.