shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Issue with new contributors to the wiki
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 00:40:05 GMT
Hi,

On Feb 10, 2011, at 4:14 PM, Alex Salazar wrote:

> Great insight Craig.  Do you know if there's any public discussion
> about the
> move to a CMS?

It's not on a public list but there's info on the public web site.
I've included some more info below.

> So if the website is likely to move to a CMS then it might make
> sense to
> just create a separate wiki for documentation since we'll need one
> anyways.

Right.

> And if the community agrees, we can have the wiki type that Craig
> highlighted below where documentation and useful user contributions
> are
> stored.  This could be restricted to people who register for the
> wiki and
> since that's a fairly straight forward process, I feel it would be
> something
> most intent contributors would be ok with.

Right. But we will still need to monitor the wiki for bad content. We
want to make it easy for folks to contribute, and this also means we
make it easy for folks to spam us. :-(

Craig

> Alex

Here's some more info on Confluence -> CMS migration.

Craig

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Nick Burch <nick@apache.org>
> Date: January 29, 2011 11:05:46 AM PST
> To: Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com>
> Cc: infrastructure@apache.org
> Subject: Re: Converting Confluence to CMS
>
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011, Benson Margulies wrote:
>> Apache CXF has rather a giant raft of Confluence. Has there been
>> any news I've missed about tools to assist in migration?
>
> I wrote a tool which I used to migrate the ComDev site, and I
> believe Zoe used it for the Aries one too. It's available at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms/conversion-utilities/cwiki
>
> Nick
Here are some links to the new CMS system.

Craig

Begin forwarded message: