shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Realm extends Authorizer, why?
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 05:18:08 GMT
Why does a Realm extend Authorizer? Shouldn't only the
AuthorizingRealm implement Authorizer? This makes the
AuthenticatingRealm fairly useless since you need to implement a bunch
of authorizing operations even if your realm is not supposed to do
anything more than just authenticate. There's probably a good reason
for Authorizer being the top level interface rather than Realm, but
it's just not immediately obvious for me. Even then, I hope we could
straighten this out in a future release since it just doesn't seem
right to me. Les, care to comment, I bet you have a pretty good
insight into this.

Kalle