shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next release
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2010 21:47:22 GMT
The release I was suggesting that may go out before the holidays would
be a bug-fix point release.  If we agree to Struts2 and/or Wicket
being support modules, they would be new features and I would expect
they go in the 1.2 release.

Also, my personal opinion is that I'm firmly against (as a matter of
general practice) that we release any new feature without
documentation.  I would expect there would be new site pages under
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHIRO/Integration
representing each module and how to use it as well as JavaDoc for
every public and protected method/member.

Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat, etc. are all successful largely in part
because of stellar documentation.  IMO, we need to live up to these
standards.

Regards,

Les