shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Salazar <a...@alexsalazar.com>
Subject Shiro "Powered by page"
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 02:56:39 GMT
Hi,

I think it would be valuable for Shiro's credibility in the eyes of
potential new users to have a "powered by" page similar to Hadoop.

Does anyone have an issue with creating such a page?

Here's what I propose specifically:

1. On Shiro's front page:

*Are you using Shiro?*
Please consider adding yourself to the PoweredBy wiki page.  By letting
others know that you are using Shiro, you help expand the community and in
turn improve Shiro.  Win/Win!

2. Creation of a "powered by" wiki page for users to self report.

3. Once we have enough people self reports then we'd change the front page
to like:
Who Uses Shiro?

A wide variety of companies and organizations use Shiro for both internal
and external applications. Users are encouraged to add themselves to the
Shiro PoweredBy <http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy> wiki page.

Best,

Alex