shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Deluan Quintão <del...@deluan.com>
Subject JSF Support (was: Shiro tags not working in Icefaces page.)
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:29:00 GMT
Hi All,

I have a issue regarding JSF/Facelets versions and would like to hear your
opinion.

The tags I develop were meant to be used with JSF 1.2/Facelets 1.1.14.

I don't use JSF 2.0 in my company yet, but taking a quick look on it, I saw
that Facelets were integrated in the 2.0 and the packages for it have
changed!

How do I go about it? Two libs, shiro-facelets (for JSF 1.1/Facelets) and
shiro-jsf (for JSF 2.0) ?

What do you think?

Thanks,
Deluan.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org>
Date: Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: Shiro tags not working in Icefaces page.
To: Deluan Quintão <deluan@deluan.com>

Hi Deluan,

Sounds good!

I have one quick request:  could you please send further emails to the
dev@shiro.apache.org list?  All development-related discussion should
be out in the open with the community so everyone benefits from the
discussion, not just me ;).  I didn't CC the dev list in case you
needed to keep this communication private for some reason, but if not,
can you please use the dev list from now on?  Thanks!

As for the source/Maven organization:

If the classes you're using are in JDK 5 without needing any 3rd party
dependency, your classes can go directly in the 'web' module.  If they
can, then the starting package should be org.apache.shiro.web.faces to
be congruent with the other similar web support packages that exist
(e.g. org.apache.shiro.web.servlet, org.apache.shiro.web.tags, etc).

If your code requires a 3rd party library, the base code
(JDK5-compliant) should go in the 'web' module as noted above, and any
3rd-party implementation-specific code would go into a new 'support'
module, i.e. <project root>/support/myfaces (or similar, depending on
the library).

As for mercurial/git, Apache only uses subversion, so we use that.
The best way to share code with us is check out the code from
subversion (trunk), make edits there, and upload patches to Jira.

Cheers,

Les