shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Shiro - October 2010
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:23:40 GMT
2010 October - Board report for Shiro as an Apache top level project

Shiro is a powerful and flexible open-source application security framework
that cleanly handles authentication, authorization, enterprise session
management and cryptography.

We have no issues that require Board assistance at this time.

Releases:
- In the few weeks since graduating from the Incubator, we haven't yet
 released a new version, although we plan on making our first TLP release
 (version 1.0.1 or 1.1) in the next month.

Community & Project:
 - No new committers or PMC members
 - All project migration issues are complete and http://shiro.apache.org
   is up and running.
 - Community interaction and user list traffic is growing steadily after
   graduating from the Incubator.  Google Analytics reports that our
   web site has received about a 40% average increase in site visitors
   after going TLP.
 - Significant new features are slated for 1.1 later this month, notably
   improved salting support for authentication tokens and a much-improved
   JNDI-based LDAP realm for using LDAP for authentication and authorization