shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 1.1 Release
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:19:30 GMT
Actually, I think we must re-release without the crowd source code.
The CrowdRealm.java file imports and uses atlassian-specific
packages/classes, so until we *guarantee* that we can import and
depend on Crowd APIs while being ASF 2.0 compliant, we need to leave
this out of a release.  I'm all for putting it in the 1.2 release
though - we just need to spend a bit of time to guarantee
compatibility.

It would look very bad as our first TLP release to not have done this homework.

I'll roll-back the POMs to reflect the previous 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT version
so we can go through the re-release process.  Note that this is just
an SVN change - we can revert it if there is any objection to this.
And the crowd code still exists in the 1.0.x branch, so we haven't
lost anything.

Les