shiro-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 1.1 Release
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:40:27 GMT

On Oct 28, 2010, at 11:48 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> The vote thread was being overloaded with discussion, so I'm opening
> up a discussion thread here so we can have a re-vote later in its own
> designated thread.
>
> There are 2 things I'd like to resolve before we release 1.1:
>
> - Removing the crowd code out of trunk (make an svn tag of it so we
> don't lose anything of course), per Alan's recommendation (I agree
> with this)
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-180
>
> If we do either of these two things, then we'll have to roll back the
> POM changes to 1.1-SNAPSHOT and delete the existing shiro-1.1 SVN tag.
> Then we make the changes and go through the release motions again.
>
> I can do this, but I'd like consensus on these two issues (and any
> others people may have) before doing anything.
>
> Thoughts?

My personal preference is not to make tags for things other than a release.  An alternative
is to make a 1.1 branch and remove crowd from that.  We can then decide what we want to do
with the Crowd realm on trunk at our leisure.

<ot>
I think we should remove the non-release tags and move them to branches.
</ot>

Regards,
Alan