shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shiro and OSGi
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 02:40:31 GMT
Hi Craig,

Yep, this is precisely the stuff I want to add - I've been using the
maven-bundle-plugin and like it a lot.  I'll update the poms shortly
and we can review.

A quick question though - I noticed in the example you gave that
version numbers are not specified on the export or import package
entries.  AIUI, this is a OSGi best practice to avoid version
discrepancies since not specifying an Import-Package version is
technically the same as saying version=[0.0.0, infinity).  Is there a
specific reason why the project you pasted from does not do this? (I'm
always trying to ensure my bundles are as 'proper' as they can be,
since OSGi versioning can be a nasty, nasty business - if I'm missing
something, I'm open to suggestions!)

Thanks,

Les.