shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Shiro and OSGi
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 02:16:36 GMT
Hi Les,

Take a look at the plugins that make jars into OSGi jars just by a bit
of metadata.

I've no objection if you add stuff like:

       <plugin>
         <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
         <version>1.4.0</version>
         <extensions>true</extensions>
         <configuration>
           <instructions>
             <Export-Package>com.mysql.clusterj.tie.*</Export-Package>
             <Import-
Package

com
.mysql
.clusterj
,com
.mysql
.clusterj
.core
.store
,com
.mysql
.clusterj
.core
.query
,com
.mysql
.clusterj.core.util,com.mysql.ndbjtie.mysql,com.mysql.ndbjtie.ndbapi</
Import-Package>
           </instructions>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>

It's no bother to anyone not using OSGi and a huge help to people
using it.

Plus, it increases the use of "Apache uses Apache".

Craig

On Sep 8, 2010, at 6:54 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> I'm writing an OSGi-based application, and I need the Shiro jars to
> also be OSGi bundles.  Does anyone have any objections with me adding
> the OSGi metadata to the Manifest files?  This would require changes
> only to poms - not source code.  It is 100% backwards compatible.
>
> This is what I would consider an interim step in making Shiro fully
> OSGi friendly.  I think a more 'proper'/full OSGi approach would be
> better suited for a Shiro 2.0 distribution since it would likely
> require re-organizing some packages.  This would be close to the
> _very_ old JSecurity 0.1 days, where there was an API jar and
> implementation jars.  It is sort of similar to how the existing
> 'support' modules work today, but there would be segmentation in the
> core module itself.  But of course, this type of work is further down
> the line - like I said, a good candidate for 2.x work.
>
> For now, I'd like to just get the metadata in the existing .jars.  Any
> objections?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Les

Craig L Russell