shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Web site updated
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 02:46:22 GMT
Hi Les,

On Sep 13, 2010, at 6:51 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> My understanding is that you must use the infra system for ASF
> releases.  The links to .jar files along side the maven snippets do
> not represent ASF releases - they're only there as a convenience.
>
> I do have a question though.  When looking at Cassandra's download
> stuff this weekend, I noticed that you are directed to mirror page:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/cassandra/0.6.5/apache-cassandra-0.6.5-bin.tar.gz

This is the preferred approach. Publishing releases directly from
Apache's site is marginally ok for incubating releases but TLP
releases really should allow mirrors.

> Currently Shiro's release comes from
> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/shiro/shiro-root-1.0.0-incubating-source-release.zip
>
> That is, we're not using the closer.cgi script.  What is preferred?

closer.cgi

> Why does the ASF have two distribution mechanisms?

You are kidding, right? There are at least two ways to do everything
at ASF...

Craig

>>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com