shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Shiro artifact distribution
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:36:23 GMT
Hi Les,

There is a cgi script that projects use to allow downloads from
mirrors. Here's how JDO does it http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/jdo/HowToReleaseJDO.html

  in section "Site updates". You can adapt the script to Shiro's
purposes easily enough. (JDO borrowed it from another project,
probably ultimately from httpd).

Craig

On Aug 17, 2010, at 11:29 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Yes, it did slip - and don't worry, I didn't do anything :)
>
> I'll have to go back through the release threads - is there something
> that you used that automates copying the resources to that location?
> Also, just out of curiosity, why do we publish there instead of the
> mentioned location in the release-publishing.html page?
>
> In any event, I'll change the wiki links to point to these artifacts
> instead of the m2 repo.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les
>
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Kalle Korhonen
> <kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hold your horses - I did that as well when I made the release. The
>> official incubator distribution area for our project is at
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/shiro/, see the files there. I'm
>> sure I mentioned this at the release time but perhaps slipped through
>> your eyes.
>>
>> Kalle
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org
>> > wrote:
>>> Per the Incubator list, we need to ensure our source distribution
>>> comes from Apache's mirrored infrastructure.  Kalle, I noticed that
>>> you changed the links in the meantime to point to the m2 repo
>>> (thanks), but we're mandated to distribute from the ASF
>>> infrastructure.  The links to the .jars point to m2 as a
>>> convenience,
>>> but since they're not a source distro, the ASF doesn't care about
>>> them
>>> as much - we just can't do that with our source distro.
>>>
>>> I was just going to place them in a directory under the 'static'
>>> directory of our website on people.apache.org.  At least this is
>>> what
>>> is recommended by [1].  Any objections?
>>>
>>> Les
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#distribution