shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation Resolution
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 18:40:15 GMT

On Aug 4, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> You are correct.  Mentors do not automatically become project members.

Correct.

However, it's generally considered a good idea to have at least one
Apache Foundation Member on each PMC. Often this is the PMC chair.
Sometimes the mentors volunteer to stay on at least for a while to
help the new PMC get settled.

I'd be happy to help out by being on the new PMC if you'll have me.

Craig

> Regards,
> Alan
>
> On Aug 4, 2010, at 10:31 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:
>
>> A quick note:
>>
>> I assume Mentors are not to be automatically listed as project
>> members
>> since their relationship with the project is to help through the
>> incubation process, and (formally) their responsibility with the
>> incubator podling is released upon graduation (per the last paragraph
>> in the Graduation Resolution).
>>
>> This is *not* a reflection of any desire not to have them as project
>> members should they wish to participate - it merely reflects my
>> understanding of the role/scope of an Incubator Mentor.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Les
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Les Hazlewood
>> <lhazlewood@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I've posted my initial draft of the Apache TLP Graduation
>>> Resolution here:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHIRO/Graduation+Resolution
>>>
>>> Please review and comment.
>>>
>>> Thanks!