shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Shiro 1.0.0-incubating Released!
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:55:42 GMT
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org> wrote:
> Sounds good to me.

Dist is done.

> As a side note though, one of the things that is nice about a binary,
> non-source package is that I can download everything local to disk
> without needing to be connected to the internet to view documentation
> and reference .jars as a I need them.
> How do other projects do this?  I'm sure most of them don't have a
> 'use Maven or you'll have to everything on the internet' approach,
> right?

Technically it'd be simple to wrap up the Maven site plus the binaries
into a zip with an assembly, but this is 2010, I think we can safely
assume that users of Shiro will have access to the Internet at will,
Maven or not. If you want to tackle it, by all means, but personally,
I wouldn't consider it to be a good use of my time.

Kalle