shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Shiro 1.0.0-incubating Released!
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 07:12:03 GMT
On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org> wrote:
> Sorry, that didn't sound too clear - I was thinking that we keep the
> download page as it is, but link to each .jar/sha1/md5 to a directory
> that is the built project (i.e.
> /www/incubator.apache.org/shiro/static/releases/1.0.0-incubating =
> exploded directory of the built 1.0.0-incubating release .zip).  Then
> we can just set up a symlink to point to the latest release as each
> one comes out.  Does that make more sense?

No, I'm sorry I must be a bit slow this evening but couldn't really
decipher your thinking from that. The download page doesn't have to
have anything to do with this (although the links on that page should
be pointing to central instead of Apache's nexus instance). The
distribution area is separate from site and it doesn't have to contain
everything the Maven repo does (think of it as a repo for non-Maven
projects). Simply copying the shiro-all and possibly the source
release zip to the dist area makes the most sense to me.

Kalle