shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: X509Certificate support
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 21:59:38 GMT
Hi Paul,

First let me say that this is really cool - thanks so much for
considering to contribute!

As far as the deliverable - any way you want to do it is perfectly
fine.  My personal opinion is that it is actually easier to work with
a patch (even if it is kind of big) rather than a separate project.  A
separate project would require us to manually move code from one
project to another, whereas if it is a patch applied to the existing
codebase, we can rely on our IDEs to refactor and move stuff around.

I'd probably just create a new package like org.apache.shiro.x509 or
something like that, and then we can move those classes into
respective packages later if that makes sense.

But of course, we'd appreciate the submission in any form that makes
it easy for you to do so.  The best way to submit whatever deliverable
that you choose is attach it to a Jira issue.  That qualifies it as a
valid ASF contribution.  But if you think you might be working on this
stuff a little more regularly, you'll want to ensure that the ASF has
a CLA (Contributor License Agreement) on file.  Otherwise the
attachment will be fine!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it!

- Les