shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Shiro version 1.0.0-incubating
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 06:22:58 GMT
Hi Kalle (and Mentors),

We don't need to have a source .zip created with checksums and
signatures and saved on people.apache.org for review?  According to
the Rules part of the Incubator release document:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#rules

- All artifacts have matching checksums and signatures
- Links to KEYS, signature and checksum documents refer to the
originals on www.apache.org

Also, for .jars
(http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-jars):
META-INF
  - Must include LICENSE and NOTICE. Note this
  - Should include a standards compliant MANIFEST. Note this.

Don't we have to go through that process now so that people can run
tools against the .zip and see that it meets compliance regulations?

Just trying to understand...

Les