shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preparing for our first release
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 06:43:01 GMT
Mentors,

Is there anything with an exact step-by-step guide for walking through
the release steps for maven-based projects?  Something like this:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease

(but for Maven projects).  The Incubator Release guide is more
philosophical than practical: I'm looking for a 'do x, then y, then z'
with command line snippets to automate as much as possible.  Does
anyone know of anything like this?  It'd be much easier to 'just do
it' than try to interpret the Incubator guide.

- Les

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Craig L Russell
<craig.russell@oracle.com> wrote:

> On May 20, 2010, at 7:32 PM, Kalle Korhonen wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Craig L Russell
>> <craig.russell@oracle.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> You should put the release artifacts somewhere that folks can evaluate
>>> them,
>>> like in a user directory on people visible via the web, e.g.
>>> people.apache.org/~kaosko/shiro-001.
>>
>> That's exactly what the staging repository is for.
>
> Except that I didn't see anything in the staging repo that looks like a
> gzip/jar with checksums and signatures. Maybe you can point it out to me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig
>>
>> Kalle

you do the

> [...]
> [...]