shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why generate a static maven site?
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 19:01:36 GMT
I would (hopefully) change it a bit the next time around.  Ant changed
his vote to +1, so we're still on for a release - I'd hate to have to
start over again if not absolutely mandatory.

As to the static site, I think generating it is still ok, but maybe we
just have symlinks to the reports that people care about.  We did this
on the old JSecurity website, and it worked really well.  That is:

/www/incubator.apache.org/shiro/api (symlink) -->
/www/incubator.apache.org/shiro/static/1.0.0-incubating/apidocs/

Then our website navigation only points to the symlinks.  That way,
the static site never needs to be referenced anywhere - it is used
only as a report generation and hosting 'implementation detail'.

This does require the extra work of maintaining a download page like
we did previously (http://www.jsecurity.org/download), but I think it
is well worth it - it is extremely easy for people to get the
information they care about, and the static site doesn't have to be
referenced again.

I just haven't set this up yet because we don't have an official
release yet.  Once that is (hopefully) approved, I wanted to add these
links.

Thoughts?

Les