shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cracking off a release
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 18:55:57 GMT
I think it's mostly for perception.  We've waited a _long_ time to
release 1.0 and I think a 1.0.0-RC1 release would feel like "oh here
we go - 1.0 is _still_ not ready?".  We've worked a lot on stability
such that I don't foresee many bugs cropping up, so it shouldn't be a
big deal to go from 1.0.0 to 1.0.X quickly if necessary.

Also, I don't know that Maven's release plugin works well with
suffixes after the point version - it auto-increments point numbers or
minor revision numbers automatically based on the previous number.  I
think the RC stuff would kind of screw that up, no?

That's just my opinion on the matter.  I'm not averse to using an RC
designation, but my biggest concern there is how long between an RC
and GA would we have to wait.  Time has been hurting us lately...

Les