shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: r942498 - removing all convenience methods?
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 21:43:51 GMT
> If we
> really wanted to support Guice etc., we'd favor constructor injection
> - after all setter injection is the weakest form of injection.

Agreed.  And after working with all these getters/setters and trying
to figure out when it is safe to initialize things or not, I would
_REALLY_ love to use constructor injection for everything.
Unfortunately, for whatever reason or another, a lot of people seem to
really dislike using it :/

I guess its because there are scenarios where constructor injection
probably wouldn't be pleasant - think of how many permutations of
config options there are for dependency injection.  It seems like that
could get really ugly.  I don't know for sure, as I've been using
Spring property injection for some time and only rarely constructor
injection - they allowed me to be lazy in that regard :/

Les