shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Shiro version 1.0.0-incubating
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 21:02:26 GMT
On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Les Hazlewood <lhazlewood@apache.org> wrote:
> Which announcement?  I thought because Kalle started the vote, he
> should be the one to close and tally it and report the results, no?

A release announcement to users. Closing the vote and the mechanics of
releasing is separate from announcing. It's common while I suppose not
strictly mandatory that a release is announced on users & announce
mailing lists and/or the project web site. For example, see
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/apache-release.html,
starting from step 13.

Kalle

> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> Les, do you want to draft an announcement for is to take a peek at?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Alan
>
>> On May 28, 2010, at 12:41 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:
>>
>>> Lol - I just saw when the thread was created, and in Gmail it said '3
>>> days', so I assumed we were good to go.  Then I checked the actual
>>> timestamp after I sent the first mail :)

AFAICT the only way to