shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Shiro version 1.0.0-incubating - 2nd try
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 07:34:47 GMT
That was my understanding as well - that once Craig and Alan voted
(and assuming they were both +1s) and no binding -1's at the end of
the 72 hour period, that we could then formulate an Incubator vote
thread referencing our vote thread, where it required 3 or more
binding +1s at that time.

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Kalle Korhonen
<kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Replying to Craig as well. I thought the process is that PPMC votes
> first, and only if that's successful, we'd post on the general list
> for the incubator PMC to vote on the release. According to
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote:
> "The conventional process is for the podling to follow the usual
> Apache process (including TODO: link release vote) and then call for a
> Incubator PMC VOTE on the TODO: link general incubator list. "
> Also on the same page:
> "All votes are welcome, but only those votes by the project's PPMC
> members (or IPMC members) count towards the final tally."
>
> Please advice.
>
> Kalle
>

> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> Actually, for a podling, only the Incubator PMC members votes count, though it's
good that the podling PMC, PPMC, also vets and votes on the release.

>> We have one vote, me, and I'm sure Craig will jump in as well.  If we don't get
three IPMC votes then we have to pass the vote on to the Incubator.  If we do have three
binding votes then all we need to do is to notify the Incubator and wait 72 hours.  Either
way it's 72 hours after this vote.