shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Cracking off a release
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 17:40:48 GMT
Hi Tauren,

For me, the reason to do a x.x.x-RC1 *release* would be to give the
community a chance to test it out, give feedback, report bugs, etc.
This is what a commercial entity would do as it prepared for a final
release.

We are not in the same situation. The code is ready for release, and
we don't plan on publishing the -RC1 release for folks to try. We're
planning on building what will be 1.0.0. Negative feedback we get on
the 1.0.0 will mean we got something wrong in the process (e.g.
licenses, artifact names) and needs a respin, not that we need
improvements in the feature set, doc, etc.

Craig

>>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com