shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Shiro version 1.0.0-incubating - 2nd try
Date Sat, 22 May 2010 15:10:04 GMT
Hi Kalle,

Nothing wrong with how you did it, at all. You followed the process.

I was just suggesting that it is also ok to let the rest of the
incubator know that you're holding a vote. Sometimes folks who aren't
following shiro closely will take a look at the release artifacts and
find something that needs to be fixed. This can save some time.

But it's not required to notify the incubator PMC of a running release
vote.

Alan is right that *only* votes of incubator PMC members are binding.
If we get three incubator PMC votes during the project vote, the
incubator PMC vote is a "negative" vote, meaning that no action ==
approval.

Craig

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle