shiro-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Ledbrook" <pe...@g2one.com>
Subject Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Testcase for NPE problem in JSecurity (was: Intermediate release of JSecurity Plugin 0.3-SNAPSHOT)
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:30:34 GMT
> Do you think the ThreadContext.clear() method isn't sufficient enough?  Do
> you still think it necessary to create a new instance?

Actually, that's probably OK. I was thinking of the unbind() methods
rather than the clear() method. I can't think of a reason why the
current setup won't work. The only advantage to creating a new map at
the start of the request is that it would work with an unmodified
InheritableThreadLocal, i.e. you wouldn't have to override
childValue() I think.

Anyway, I'm happy to leave it as it is now.

Cheers,

Peter

--
Software Engineer