shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing for an Apache release
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:48:22 GMT
Hi Les,

I'm wondering if it's important to release under Apache immediately
after the code import, until we have meet some minimal requirements
(headers, notices, etc). The initial injection of code in the SVN repo
will be like a tag, and if we have nightly builds, the the project can
be downloaded.

thoughts ?

Les Hazlewood wrote:
> After I get 0.9.0 out (the last non-apache release), I'd like to do a 0.9.1
> release.
> The only difference is that the 0.9.1 release would be an official Apache
> release - all the license headers would be in place, the proper
> NOTICE/README files are located appropriately, etc.
>
> In essence, there would be zero difference in code or functionality with
> 0.9.0, it would just be an Apache release.
>
> I'm thinking this is a good idea because it would get one Apache release
> under our belt without having to worry about functionality - a
> test-but-not-quite-test run, so to speak.  It would also look good to have
> an initial *stable* release available to the rest of the Apache community.
>
> Is this a good idea?  Any opinions?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com