shiro-dev mailing list archives

From "Les Hazlewood" <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem starting tomcat with JDBCRealm - please help!
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:25:31 GMT
Hi Paul,

I don't see the JSecurityFilter defined in your web.xml.  Typically
you'll need to define that first and then define the realms that
JSecurity uses inside that definition.

Have a look at this:
http://jsecurity.org/api/org/jsecurity/web/servlet/JSecurityFilter.html

Also, look at the sample applications that come with JSecurity - most
are set up as webapps with web.xml examples.

Once you've added the filter, you'll want to define a JSecurity Realm
inside the [main] .ini config section.  Note that this is _different_
than what Tomcat calls a Realm (that you currently have defined).

You'll need to write a JSecurity Realm implementation that effectively
looks up the Tomcat Realm from JNDI, and wraps it.  Then JSecurity
calls to your JSecurity Realm implementation will just delegate to the
Tomcat Realm in JNDI.

- Les