shiro-dev mailing list archives

From "Les Hazlewood" <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Preparing for an Apache release
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:05:34 GMT
After I get 0.9.0 out (the last non-apache release), I'd like to do a 0.9.1
release.
The only difference is that the 0.9.1 release would be an official Apache
release - all the license headers would be in place, the proper
NOTICE/README files are located appropriately, etc.

In essence, there would be zero difference in code or functionality with
0.9.0, it would just be an Apache release.

I'm thinking this is a good idea because it would get one Apache release
under our belt without having to worry about functionality - a
test-but-not-quite-test run, so to speak.  It would also look good to have
an initial *stable* release available to the rest of the Apache community.

Is this a good idea?  Any opinions?