shiro-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Preparing for an Apache release
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 16:37:28 GMT
First, import the outside code into the Apache repo. I'd suggest using
a jsecurity/import directory and dump whatever history you want into
it. The infrastructure folks can help with the import. The import with
history will take up to a few weeks, so that's critical.

Next, look at other projects and how they are released. It might give
you some ideas on how to repackage the 0.9.0 release if necessary to
look like an Apache release. You might decide you like the release
format, and just need to add signatures and checksums to make it an
Apache release.

Then, start migrating code from import to trunk in the format you want
to go with. Now would be a good time to validate that you like the
structure or make some changes. Do the import and just change
copyright notices, headers, and scripts to accommodate the new
structure.

Once everything is in Apache repo, make a release candidate. Run rat
on the release to verify license headers etc. Review the release
process (necessarily broad) at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

And by the way, now would be a good time to update jsecurity/STATUS
and add an incubator report to jsecurity/board/200809.txt for
September's board meeting. Anyone with commit privileges can update/
add these files.

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com