shindig-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Baxter <rbaxte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing shindig-2.5.2 as non-ROOT application in Tomcat
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 14:49:52 GMT
Exactly Doug, it is a sample meant to run as root.

-Ryan

> On Jun 8, 2015, at 10:42 AM, Davies,Douglas <daviesd@oclc.org> wrote:
>
> Common container IMO is a reference implementation for you to build upon.  We’ve written
our own container that use the shindig jars (not war) and overridden anything we’ve needed
to (by injecting new guice implementations or overriding javascript).  I think the common
container is meant to run out-of-the-box but only as root — in my experience.