shindig-users mailing list archives

From "Joshi, Hemant" <Hemant.Jos...@AIG.com>
Subject RE: How to setup per user preference in Shindig?
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 14:21:08 GMT
Thanks Ryan for quick help.

Is there any commercial opensocial container available with per user preference option in
market ? I looked into Apache Rave which is good. However it's not production ready yet so
can't really use it in production. There are few enterprise social platforms available which
does have such containers. However it's available as complete package and we don't need the
complete social platform. I am just looking for the stand alone container which can be used
in my application.

Or if someone has built it in Shindig in this mailing list and can share it? It will save
some time for us.

I saw a similar mail thread in this mailing list in Feb-2012 however did not get any option
in that also.

Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Hemant Joshi, PMP

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Baxter [mailto:rbaxter85@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:09 AM
To: users@shindig.apache.org
Cc: users-help@shindig.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to setup per user preference in Shindig?

Hi Hemant,

Shindig does not have a persistent preference store out of the box.  It is up to the implementor
to add this if they need it.

-Ryan

> On Apr 29, 2015, at 9:55 AM, Joshi, Hemant <Hemant.Joshi2@AIG.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>  I am new to Shindig and have installed it as Root in my Tomcat server. After that I
am able to retrieve the widgets using the following url. However the widgets are gone once
I close the browser so it's not saving the user preference.

> localhost:8080/containers/commoncontainer/index.html#
>
> By going through its documentation, I have a feeling that it has another url where I
can login with a user ID and save per user preference widgets which will remain saved once
the user logs out and log back in (the same way Apache Rave does). However there is no clear
documentation mentioning it.