shindig-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Baxter <rbaxte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to setup per user preference in Shindig?
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 14:09:16 GMT
Hi Hemant,

Shindig does not have a persistent preference store out of the box.  It is up to the implementor
to add this if they need it.

-Ryan

> On Apr 29, 2015, at 9:55 AM, Joshi, Hemant <Hemant.Joshi2@AIG.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>  I am new to Shindig and have installed it as Root in my Tomcat server. After that I
am able to retrieve the widgets using the following url. However the widgets are gone once
I close the browser so it's not saving the user preference.

> localhost:8080/containers/commoncontainer/index.html#
>
> By going through its documentation, I have a feeling that it has another url where I
can login with a user ID and save per user preference widgets which will remain saved once
the user logs out and log back in (the same way Apache Rave does). However there is no clear
documentation mentioning it.