shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Stanton Sievers" <ssiev...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Missing scheme in rewritten CSS
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 14:08:50 GMT
Hi Thomas,

Using a schema-relative url in DefaultProxyUriManager happens by design.
The browser will use whatever protocol the parent document is using.

Can you be more specific about why it isn't working?  Is the network
request failing over https?  Can you get to the url using https by
navigating in the browser?  What browser are you trying this in?

Thanks,
-Stanton

From:   Thomas Heute <theute@gmail.com>
To:     dev@shindig.apache.org,
Date:   07/06/2012 08:28
Subject:        Re: Missing scheme in rewritten CSS

At the moment everything is over HTTP, the issue is that URL aren't
rendered correctly:
background: url('//localhost:8080/...
instead of
background: url('http://localhost:8080/...

the culprit is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/trunk/java/gadgets/src/main/java/org/apache/shindig/gadgets/uri/DefaultProxyUriManager.java

doesn't set the scheme in the makeProxied method which explains why
the URL is mangled.

Thomas

Thomas, are you rendering this gadget in a container over HTTP?  Can you
try rendering the gadget in a container over HTTPS?

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Thomas Heute <theute@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I may have found a bug, let me explain
>
> My proxied gadgets are rewritten and things like:
>
> background: url('foo.png')
> is rewritten to
> background: url('//localhost:8080/...
>
> What's wrong here is that the scheme is gone and that's not correct.
Looks
> like web browsers are smart enough to try HTTP but when it comes to
HTTPS