shindig-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <>
Subject Re: Beta3
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 01:02:59 GMT
Yeah, I know I was being optimistic here =P

Well, the good thing we have svn pub sub for releases so its easier to
release and push.

I guess we could plan for couple more beta releases before final 2.5.

Any inputs or suggestions are surely welcomed.

I am including shindig users list just in case any end users
interested to chime in.

- Henry

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Ryan Baxter <> wrote:
> Henry I am fine with setting a goal of next month having 2.5 released,
> even though I think it is optimistic.  I think we should continue to
> release betas every month until we are ready to cut 2.5.  Eventually
> one of those releases will be feature complete and we can call that
> 2.5, unless you think doing this is causing problems.
> -Ryan
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Henry Saputra <> wrote:
>> Lets target beta3 to be the final beta build for 2.5.0.
>> We should aim to release 2.5.0 in about 1-2 months at most to cover
>> all required features in OpenSocial 2.0 and 2.5.0 specs.
>> If we miss something after 2.5.0 we could release minor versions like
>> 2.6.0 bc we only need to match major version to the OpenSocial specs
>> per our discussion in the dev list few months ago.
>> What do you guys think?
>> - Henry
>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Ryan Baxter <> wrote:
>>> Hi Doug,
>>> There has been an issue identified on the private list that is
>>> blocking the release.  The fix should be checked in early next week
>>> and I will kick off a beta 3 RC right after that.
>>> -Ryan

View raw message