shindig-dev mailing list archives

From Stanton Sievers <siever...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No love for Java 5?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:19:19 GMT
Fixed and delivered the java 5 build.  I've started daily java 5 builds on
my Jenkins server at home using OpenJDK.

I did see one test failure doing string compares that was just an ordering
of json items issue and not a real bug.

We really need to get these builds up and running on builds.a.o.  If Paul
is reading this, can you help get some of us access to get that setup?

Thanks,
-Stanton
On Jul 31, 2012 6:31 AM, "Stanton Sievers" <sieverssj@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's hard to tell.  I got past compile-time problems and started hitting
> test failures.  I'll keep investigating and will at least fix the compile
> problems.
>
> -Stanton
> On Jul 30, 2012 8:55 PM, "Ryan Baxter" <rbaxter85@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> +1 Stanton we need to fix the build breakages if we are going to support
>> Java 5.  I haven't done a build myself, are the breakages extensive?
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Stanton Sievers <sieverssj@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > If that's the case we at least need some confidence that java5 will
>> build.
>> > This is where we need to get builds.a.o up and running and notifying the
>> > dev list when things fail.

>> artifacts

>> one

>> > ssievers@apache.org