shindig-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Baxter <rbaxte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shindig neo4j backend
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 01:27:56 GMT
Welcome Rene :)

Let me preface this by saying I have little knowledge of how Rave is
implemented.  I have been meaning to look at it more in depth but
haven't had the time.

I am kind of surprised Rave does not allow you to still use your own
persistence mechanism if you so choose.  I would think they would
still keep that option available to consumers since there are endless
possibilities for persisting data.  If you really can't inject your
own persistence model into Rave it sounds like option 1 is your best
bet, but as you list out in your requirements Rave offers a ton of
other functionality you want.  If you chose options 1 are you really
forking Shindig, or just injecting your own implementations?  The two
are very different.

I am a little confused about your comments about the activity stream
implementation.  As far as I know it is a complete implementation, do
you have specifics on what you think is missing?

Between the Rave and Shindig community I am sure we can help you
figure out which project is best for your use cases.  The Shindig
community will welcome any contributions you want to make in order to
help Shindig fit your use cases better and we would be glad to help
explain any of the current features you have questions about.  A lot
of us have gone through some extensive implementations and we realize
the documentation around some of the feature is lacking.

As far as the OpenSocial spec your contributions will be welcomed
there as well, especially if you provide an implementation for it :)

-Ryan