shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan J Baxter" <rjbax...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Posting files through the shindig makeRequest proxy
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 01:31:46 GMT
Dan this might be of interest from a spec perspective...
http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec/browse_thread/thread/cf1755fdaec6d5a0

Regards,

RYAN J. BAXTER
Software Engineer - OpenSocial
IBM Collaboration Solutions

Phone: 1-978-899-3041
E-mail: rjbaxter@us.ibm.com
Blog: ryanjbaxter.com
Chat: rbaxter85 ryanjasonbaxter
Find me on:      and within IBM on:

550 King St
Littleton, MA 01460-1250
United States

From:   Dan Dumont/Westford/IBM@Lotus
To:     dev@shindig.apache.org,
Date:   01/25/2012 06:01 PM
Subject:        Posting files through the shindig makeRequest proxy

It looks like shindig has a pretty significant issue here in that posting
file attachments through the proxy does not seem possible.

>From what I've read online, passing a form element to a native xhr in FF
and chrome will create a multipart mime post for you to the target.  In IE

you have to use a flash plugin or something.
I think even supporting FF and Chrome would be an issue though, as we
treat POST_DATA to the makeRequest call as a string...

and osapi.http.post goes through RPC so that seems like it will be
impossible to ever get to work posting binary data.

Anyone have any ideas, or run into this before?