shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Dumont" <ddum...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Posting files through the shindig makeRequest proxy
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 23:00:53 GMT
It looks like shindig has a pretty significant issue here in that posting
file attachments through the proxy does not seem possible.

>From what I've read online, passing a form element to a native xhr in FF
and chrome will create a multipart mime post for you to the target.  In IE
you have to use a flash plugin or something.
I think even supporting FF and Chrome would be an issue though, as we
treat POST_DATA to the makeRequest call as a string...

and osapi.http.post goes through RPC so that seems like it will be
impossible to ever get to work posting binary data.

Anyone have any ideas, or run into this before?