shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Shtein, Ilya" <Ilya.Sht...@fisglobal.com>
Subject RE: Shindig 3.0 timeline
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:48:58 GMT
My company discourages contributing to open source, so I contributed my fix indirectly by submitting
a comment to Dennis's original post. The SHINDIG-1497 issue consists of two parts:

-          exceptions when moving pubsub-2 gadget's IFrame in the DOM tree

-          problem with multiplying number of subscriptions when dropping a pubsub-2 gadget
My patch takes care of the second issue; Dennis seems to have an idea how to fix the first
one (I myself had to use both changes suggested in the discussion between Dennis and Maxwell
Chiareli). Or, perhaps the original contributors of pubsub-2 code (Javier Pedemonte, Han Nguyen?)
could chime in on what the best route is. Anyway, I give my permission to whoever prepares
a patch for SHINDIG-1497 to use the fix I suggested, and hope the issue will be fixed in the
upcoming Shindig release.

Thanks,
Ilya

From: Ryan J Baxter [mailto:rjbaxter@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:52 PM
To: dev@shindig.apache.org
Subject: RE: Shindig 3.0 timeline

Ilya, if you or Dennis want to investigate and come up with a patch to support this use case,
we are happy to accept it :)  Everyone on the dev list would be happy to help you or anyone
else through the process of writing the patch and getting it committed.

Regards,

RYAN J. BAXTER
Software Engineer - OpenSocial
IBM Collaboration Solutions
________________________________

Phone: 1-978-899-3041
E-mail: rjbaxter@us.ibm.com<mailto:rjbaxter@us.ibm.com>
Blog: ryanjbaxter.com<http://ryanjbaxter.com/>
Chat:[Google Talk:] rbaxter85 [Skype:] ryanjasonbaxter
Find me on: [LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanjbaxter] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanjbaxter>
 [Twitter: http://twitter.com/ryanjbaxter] <http://twitter.com/ryanjbaxter>  [Blog RSS:
http://ryanjbaxter.com/feed/] <http://ryanjbaxter.com/feed/>  [Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1807077]
<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1807077>  [GooglePlus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/113940278097622367914]