shindig-dev mailing list archives

From "Shtein, Ilya" <Ilya.Sht...@fisglobal.com>
Subject RE: OAAIfrGadget and DnD
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 21:41:10 GMT
Any updates on this request? This must be something typical...

Thanks,
Ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: Shtein, Ilya [mailto:Ilya.Shtein@fisglobal.com]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 2:14 PM
To: dev@shindig.apache.org
Subject: OAAIfrGadget and DnD

Hi,

We are using pubsub-2 gadgets in our enterprise portal, in combination with jQuery UI Sortable
-based Drag and Drop implementation. As soon as I drop a pubsub-2 gadget, the gadget is moved
in the DOM tree, which in WebKit browsers causes the gadget IFrame to reload. As a result,
the gadget ends up with a new instance of IframeHubClient, which is disconnected from the
gadget's IframeContainer. Any attempts to reconnect the client fail, and the gadget is no
longer connected to the pubsub-2 hub.
I am hoping other people have run into this or similar situation. Any ideas of how I can solve
this problem? We are using Shindig 2.0, with OpenAjax hub version 2.0.5.

Thanks,
Ilya

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.