shindig-dev mailing list archives

From daviesd <davi...@oclc.org>
Subject Re: getModuleId
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:32:50 GMT
In pref.js shindig was setting the Prefs moduleId to the "mid" parameter.
Perhaps something is different here now.  So for whatever reason that use to
return me whatever I had as my siteId and now it doesn't.

At any rate, this is a TEST gadget that is probably trying to access
something it shouldn't.  When the userprefs are stored they are stored using
the siteId granted by our container implementation (the container registers
SET_PREFERENCES and GET_PREFERENCES handlers).  I think I opened up this
ticket because of that.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1557

It would really be nice if the rpc requests used the gadget security token
(that would hopefully have the moduleId set now that you've implemented
that).

So in my test gadget I don't know what the siteId is.  For some reason I was
calling Prefs().getModuleId (I think this thread suggests that).

http://shindig-dev.markmail.org/thread/zyi2zvpn7akhrbi3

Is there another way for a gadget to know this?  I realize implementing
moduleId would probably give me this (although a gadget doesn't really know
what's in it's security token, but it can certainly pass it along to api
calls).

Sorry if I'm muddying the waters.  I should have been more active in your
moduleId discussion.

doug